Licensed Plumbers Numbers
|Total Number of Licensed Plumbers
Only a plumber, who holds a licence issued by the Plumbers Licensing Board, can legally carry out water supply, sanitary and drainage plumbing work in Western Australia.
Unlicensed plumbing is prohibited due to the risks to public health, safety and the environment.
A plumber licensed by the Plumbers Licensing Board is qualified and competent to do plumbing work that complies with plumbing regulations and standards. Using a licensed plumber minimises:
- risk of contamination to our drinking water;
- likelihood of water borne diseases:
- possibility of serious injury;
- the leakage of wastewater or sewage into the ground;
- the number of uncontrolled discharges into the environment.
By using a licensed plumber you are protected by a six year guarantee against faulty workmanship. The Board is able to direct licensed plumbers to rectify their work, at no cost to the consumer, if it does not comply with plumbing standards.
Only use the services of a licensed plumber
- Always use a licensed plumber
- Classes of licence
- Is your plumber licensed?
- Check list for hiring a plumber
- Your workmanship guarantee
- Problems? What should you do
- Consumer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Page last updated on: Thursday, 2 December 2010