Licensed Plumbers Numbers
|Total Number of Licensed Plumbers
Compliance Checks of Licensed Plumbing Contractors
Every licensed plumbing contractor is subject to annual compliance checks. The primary purpose of a compliance check is to assist the licensed plumbing contractor to understand and comply with all of the regulatory requirements and obligations as a licensee. A compliance check allows a plumbing contractor to spend one-on-one time with a plumbing Compliance Officer and discuss any aspects of concern.
Compliance checks are to take place at the licensed plumbing contractor's principal place of business at the time specified. As part of the compliance check the plumbing Compliance Officer checks:
- Notice of intention and certificates issues, including multi-entry certificates;
- the register of persons employed or engaged to carry out plumbing work;
- the system in place for exercising general direction and control over licensed tradespersons and apprentices carrying out plumbing work;
- advertising and business documents to ensure that the licence number of the responsible plumbing contractor is displayed; and
- that the licence is displayed at the principal place of business.
Page last updated on: Thursday, 2 December 2010